Sunday, August 7, 2011

From Esther to John

[WITHHELD], Seattle,WA
Monday, June 21, 2010

Dear John,
It is my deepest regret to inform you that I will not be marrying you on this day. I'm sorry that it has to come to this, and I hope you won't think too badly of me. Instead you should remember all the good times we shared. I also hope that you will not be too mad at Richard; it is not his fault but mine, that I could not choose who to love between the two of you. You were my first and best lover, and my first and best love, John, so please know that, if nothing else. I don't meant to sound...patronizing, but remember that life goes on, relationships end, and people go away. I'm really, truly sorry for telling you like this most of all, and I encourage you to try your luck with Ingrid.
Always yours,
Esther

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the "Dear John" letter... this was almost inevitable, really. Tell me, Postman, do you post all messages as you receive them, or do you already know the end of a story?

    ReplyDelete