Monday, July 11, 2011

From Patrizia to Giovanni

[WITHHELD], Padua, Italy
Friday, July 24, 1987

Dearest Father,
I know you do not approve of my choice in a husband but Donovan loves me and I love him. He is a great man and he has a good job. He will be able to provide for us and our children, should we have any. I only wish you would give us your blessing, Papa. I am leaving tonight and we are running away. We are to be married in a month at cousin Seville's house. If it is not too much trouble I would like you to be there, but not if you are going to continue as you have been the past few weeks. Donovan and I are happy together. I do not understand why you would jeopardize your only daughter's happiness for your own hopes and dreams. I must live my life, and you cannot live through me.
Patrizia

No comments:

Post a Comment