Thursday, June 23, 2011

From Renji to Natasha

[WITHHELD], Benghazi, Libya
Monday, April 4, 2011

Dear Natasha,

I know that you are most likely worried for me. I'm writing to tell you that I am perfectly okay. Yes, the situation is pretty bad, but I'm staying away from the fighting. I found some kind folks who are letting me stay with them for now. I know that it has to be difficult for you at home, not knowing if I'll come back, not getting any letters. I promise you that I will stay safe and come home as soon as I can. There is a refugee caravan leaving the country in two days. I will then be able to get on a plane and fly back. I also want you to know that in the event that I do not make it out, our friend Konor has promised to help you in the coming hardships. Times are rough, and the fact that we both have to work in order to sustain our standards of living tells me that you will need all the help you can get if I am not there to provide it.
With love and with hope,
Renji 

No comments:

Post a Comment